Leadership training through theological education is one of the fourfold strategies of One Mission Society to help fulfil The Great Commission. This specialised discipleship equips and empowers national leaders to evangelise, make disciples and plant churches in their own countries. Teaching takes place in classrooms, small groups, on the job or over a cup of coffee. Students learn to study, obey and dynamically proclaim the message of the Bible and the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Theological education aims to send out men and women, fully equipped:
- to be witnesses for Christ in the communities where they live
- to disciple new believers in the churches where they serve
- to impact their indigenous cultures with the truth of God’s Word
Around the world One Mission Society partners with 32 theological training institutions and with an ever-increasing number (thousands) of informal groups that meet in churches and homes.
How can YOU get involved in leadership training?
- SEEK training: Find a mentor, join a class, learn a skill. Get ready to equip others.
- GIVE towards training materials and scholarships for Bible students. Donations can be sent to the Manchester Office or Online
- PRAY for the faculty and students in one of our training institutions.
- ASK the Lord to raise up more workers for the harvest field in a particular country.
- GO and TRAIN new believers for ministry. (Fill in a ‘Getting to Know You’ form here…)
For more information, contact Trevor Morrow <email@example.com> or telephone the Belfast Office on 028 9065 2040.
Read more here: “Training the next generation of church leaders.”